Over the years I have used many programs. During that time, they have served me well so I thought I would share them with you.
In no particular order, here they are:
- Avast Free Antivirus – A free antivirus and antispyware security software program for Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP. Download it here.
- Advanced System Care – Formerly Advanced WindowsCare Personal, it has a “one-click” approach to help protect, repair, clean, and optimize your PC. This free PC repair software is a “must-have” tool for your computer. Download it here.
- SyncBack – A freeware program that helps you easily backup and synchronize your files to, the same drive, a different drive or medium (CDRW, Compact Flash, etc), an FTP server, a Network, or a Zip archive. Download it here.
- Malwarebytes – A free tool that can identify and remove malicious software from your computer. Download it here.
- Paint.NET – Image and photo editing software. Similar to Photoshop but free! Download it here.
- Hamachi – A VPN service that is easily set up, and enables secure remote access to your network from anywhere there is an Internet connection. Download it here.
- FileZilla – A fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface. Download it here.
- OpenOfficeOrg – Leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases. Download it here.
- CutePDF – The free version of commercial PDF creation software. CutePDF Writer installs itself as a “printer subsystem”. This enables virtually any Windows application (must be able to print) to create professional quality PDF documents with just a push of a button. Download it here.
- Audacity – A free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder. Download it here.